IAPS GLOBAL SOCIETY GRANT
The IAPS Global Society Grant provides the opportunity for IAPS Member Societies around the world to advance the knowledge of pastel to their members and/or spread the appreciation of the pastel medium to the public.
Deadline for Applications June 1, 2021
|Eligibility: ||Open to IAPS Member Societies in good standing.|
|Award: ||Three grants of $1,000 USD each will be awarded across three global regions.|
|Application: ||Visit the IAPS Website: www.iapspastel.org - Education/Scholarships and Grants|
Individual Societies present a proposal for a program or event for which they would like to have additional funding. Proposal should include a detailed summary of how the award funds will be utilized.
Proposals for use of the funding must fall within the framework of one or more of the following parameters:
REQUIREMENTS FOR WINNING SOCIETIES:
- Community outreach with a focus on the appreciation of the pastel medium.
- Outreach to an underserved community.
- Outreach to an educational institution.
- Provide a program or resource to your society that would not otherwise be possible without funding from the Grant.
WINNERS will be announced July 15, 2021
Download the Grant Application
Download a copy of this Call for Entries
- Program must be completed two months prior to the upcoming IAPS Convention.
- Funds must be used exclusively for implementation of approved program, which include supplies, presenter fees, etc.
- The event must be documented with photos or video and a written summary to be shared with IAPS Community. Documentation may also include a story board to share at the Convention.
- You will also be asked to present/share your program during the Convention. If your society does not have a representative at the Convention, arrangements will be made for the presentation of your program.
The Urania Christy Tarbet Legacy Scholarship (the UCT Scholarship) provides the opportunity for up to five pastel artists to study with an IAPS-recognized instructor of their choice in a hands-on workshop environment at the biennial IAPS Convention. Initiated by and named after IAPS founder Urania Christy Tarbet, the scholarship program honors her wish to encourage, support and advance the artistic endeavors of pastel artists who are affiliated with IAPS member societies.
The UCT Scholarship receives its funding from donations from artists at convention registration and from the proceeds of the Paint Around event that is always a favorite at the IAPS Convention. Five of the Convention's instructors work concurrently on five different paintings, which they all sign and then are placed for Silent Auction. The winners of the paintings are announced during the Saturday Night Banquet.
IAPS member societies receive notification and the requirements for their membership to participate. All applications are made through the Scholarship Application page on this website.
The scholarship application period for the 2022 Convention will be announced shortly. The IAPS Scholarship Committee will be in contact with all those who applied and Award recipients will be notified on or before September 1, 2021. Thank you for your applications!
Previous winners of the UCT Scholarship are:
Linda S. Boatwright
Rita Elaine Elkins
Janice St Marie
Ingrid Van Slyke
Stephen S. Zigich
UCT Scholarship Instructors have included:
Urania Christy Tarbet